Thursday, March 11, 2010

Yesterday was tough, but today is better

Well, I've never tried posting from my I-phone- but I'm trying it today. Hopefully, this will work. Right now I'm in a hospital in Yakima watching my Mom trying to sleep, but getting woke up every few minutes for something or other. Anyone that has spent any time at all in a hospital- knows what I'm talking about. As I'm writing this-a nurse is telling me that mom's potassium is too low and she needs to swallow these big horse pills.
Well, I can't possibly explain the last twenty four hours or so in here.
I just have to tell you that she had to have a second surgery yesterday- because they(the Doc)
put in the wrong screw! So they re-did the surgery and put in different screws!!
My Dad is usually mild mannered, but he has had enough of all the mistakes that have been made. I haven't seen him this upset in years.
Anyways, I can't go into details now. But I do hope the worst is over for Mom now.

I have to also say- this is the first time ( in all of the times I've been in hospitals, which has been a lot) that I've seen a Dr. Apologize over & over for his big mistake. My son (the dr.) says that they are taught to not do that. But I like this new approach- where they are more honest w/you. But we'll see how it all turns out.

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

I am glad you and your Dad are there to watch over her. I think it helps so much when someone else is making sure things are done right. While no one could have stopped the Dr. from his error at least you and your Dad can watch the medicines they give her and make sure she gets care promptly when needed. I don't blame your Dad for being angry.
On a lighter note...good job on the iphone!

Marie Winters Adams said...

Thanks, Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Hey sister, I just found your blog, didn't even know you had one. What a hip sister-in-law you are. I'm so sorry about your Mom but glad you are there to help both of them. Keep us posted you will all be in our prayers.
love you, Nadine