Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I forget......

Yes, I'm feeling more and more forgetful, lately.
I hope this is a temporary thing, but it could be a sign that I'm getting old. I keep forgeting that I'm half a century old! When my parents turned this age - I really thought they were old. And now they are in their 70's - they are old!! ha..ha..

Anyways, I even forget sometimes that I have a blog and I can write what ever I want on it. And that I can read other people's blogs. I forget, because of all those years that I only had a journal to write whatever I wanted on it - boy! times have changed and I keep forgeting......
If you are young and reading this - you might not relate, but someday you will.(that's inevitable)

I keep forgeting that I come from the 70's generation, but every now and then I'm reminded. The other day I was listening to a radion station, oops I mean XM station (that's a satellite station not radio). My age is showing again.LOL.. Anyways, I was listening to all these old songs that I thought were so wonderful back in the day. And for some reason - I realized how strange sounding they must be to kids of today.
Some of them are downright stoo-pid!!
Case in point: 'Little Willy,Willy' by Sweet.
part of the lyrics: "Little Willy, Willy won't go home, but you can't ask Willy cause Willy won't go. Try telling everybody but, OH, NO! Little Willy, Willy won't go home."
I use to love that song. Don't ask me why. I forget.............

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Such a fun song. That Willie was such a rebel! Plus it gets extra points for a good dance beat.