Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tahoe

We've had a great week this week with the boys & Heidi - in South Lake Tahoe. We took the opportunity to drive down and meet up with Greg & Heidi and then Rocky came up from LA.  I will have to post pics later when I get home.  We are staying at a hotel in Klamath Falls, Oregon tonight, but should be home tomorrow. 
Anyways, I did something that I haven't done in a few years.  I went skiing. It was a big deal for me to get back in that saddle again, because I was a little afraid.  I had a bad experience the last time I went - I was out of control at one point and ran into a fellow skier.  Neither one of us got hurt, but I hated the fact that I was weaker and couldn't control my skiing.
 When I was a young, college student - I went very often. Infact, I took a ski class and we skiied up at Sundance ski Resort ( Utah ) - every Tuesday and Thursday.  It was heaven - until it all ended.(after 3 months)  And I had to give my rented skis back and pay full price whenever I went skiing.  So of course, I didn't ski much for the next......ah......30 years.  Yes, Jay & I would go every once in awhile, but we were raising a family and it was too indulgent to go very much.  Well, now that our kids can pay for themselves and they have learned to ski on their own  -things are different.  Yes, Jay and I are older and not so limber!!
But I have to say that all this walking/jogging has helped my legs get stronger and I felt better than I have in years on that ski slope.  It was amazing to feel good about skiing again and Jay was amazed that I did as well as I did.  We were both very tired and sore after 4 hours of it, but it was such a gorgeous place and such a great feeling that we did as well as all as the other baby boomers around us.  It was worth it all.
Now of course, Rocky & Greg skiied circles around us and they stayed up there a few more hours - but they were even impressed that we handled as well as we did.  Okay....okay....I guess I'm bragging here -I'd better stop. I have to take and hold on to these good experiences, right?!   And I hope all that high-altitude skiing will make up for not working out/walking much this week.  We have the Canal Caper in two weeks. I gotta get walking........:)



Okay, here's the pics. Can you see how beautiful Lake Tahoe looks down below?! Awww..I love it. And Yes, that person in the background that looks like they have a ghost mask on is me. :)

No comments: