Saturday, March 20, 2010

Canal Caper

I can't believe I missed the Ephrata Canal Caper(10k race)today.
I feel bad.
I've done that race for at least the last five years. Oh, well.....

I couldn't because of my toe, but I'm still signed up for the Wenatchee 1/2
Marathon next month - so I've gotta get out walking/running soon!
My toe is doing much better - so I will.
My friend Janene called(at least) and said they missed me. That was nice.
Last year Jay did the race with me and he said he would this year. But I noticed that he wasn't sad at all about missing it because of my toe! Ha.Ha.
He really doesn't like to do that kind of thing - so I won't make him. :)

On another note: Rocky Jay (our son) got accepted to a program in Mobile, Alabama for his Pathology Residency! He is so excited about that. It's far away, but it's a much warmer place than Boston was and more laid back.
We really wanted him closer (Sacramento), but that's okay. Whatever works..
This will give us a reason to visit Alabama via Florida and all the beaches,towns, etc. around that area. I think New Orleans isn't that far away either - I've always wanted to go there! Well, Rocky will have to be down there in June -so Jay and I need to plan a trip sometime around then to take all his furniture and stuff down in the trailer. I don't mind. :) We both enjoy road trips.

No comments: