Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Redheads...

<
Okay, I tried to put a link in here that is to another blog entitled: Redheads are a Pain!!
I'll try again at the end of this blog..
It claims that Redheads feel more pain and make greater attempts to avoid pain then everyone else. I don't know - but this author may be right.
I'm a Redhead and I really, really hate pain. But I thought everybody else did,too!!:)
I do try to avoid pain at all costs.
Today was one of those days that I didn't know what I was in for.
I've had an ingrown toe-nail that has been bothering me for awhile, but I thought that it would just go away if I just dug at it now and then. I even had a pedicure last week and thought that the lady had taken care of it. But it did come back this week with a vengeance - so I decided to have it looked at by a Podiatrist.
Well, He looked at it and said "We need to take care of that today!"
I said, "Today??" He said, " Yep, today, it's just a quick simple little surgery. It's really easy to take care of". I said, "Okay".....

Then he brings out all kinds of instruments and a big long needle filled with anesthetic. (I guessed).
The nurse cleans my toe and the Doc says," This will just pinch a little, maybe even burn some".....
I said," OUUUUUUCCCCCCCH! Yep, it burns"
The Doc says, " just a couple more pokes "
I didn't say much after that, but my hands were dug into the armrests and I was holding back a scream or should I say....some screams!
Well, after what seemed like a long time of pinching and burning - my toe was finally dead. Then the Doc just started clipping and digging and digging somemore. He showed me two big long, ugly, bloody, toenail clippings that he said were what was causing my pain.
So to make a long enough story short - I am sitting here with a toe that is still a little numb, but is starting to tingle and I'm very worried that it's going to start throbbing. Yes, I have a long night ahead of me. Maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but hey!! I'm a Redhead! I have every right!!:)
I still can't believe the Doc didn't give me something strong for any pain tonight. He just said to take Advil........oh, brother, I mean, Oh, Doctor!
http://writersforensicsblog.wordpress.com/2009/10/04/redheads-are-a-pain/

1 comment:

Marie Winters Adams said...

Well, my son, Greg read this and said it was definitely TMI (too much information) :)
So I apologize to my family if it made you uncomfortable to read this. I'll try not to say so much about personal things again. (maybe) :)