Friday, October 23, 2009

Each Life That Touches Ours for Good

Today I've been thinking about 'Hymns'  (Yes, church hymns.) 
My Hymn for today is called, 'Each Life that touches ours for good'.

Here's the words:
Each life that touches ours for good.
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.

What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christ-like friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days

When such a friend from us departs,
We hold forever in our hearts,
A sweet and hallowed memory,
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.

For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior's name
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness, Lord, above.

Yes, I like that song.  I was able to hear some beautiful hymn singing in Utah - the first part of this month.
I went to our church's General Conference that is held twice a year in Salt Lake City.  You probably have heard of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  Yes, they are fabulous.  I will put in a couple pics that I took while I was in the Conference center there before the meetings began. The big Tabernacle Organ's pipes are what you see behind all the seats of the Choir.  It's really a beautiful building - it holds around 23,000 people.
I felt so blessed to be there.



No comments: