Friday, October 30, 2009

A Good day....

Feeling pretty good today....no real reason , but I'm not walking or doing any exercising today. Mainly, because I feel a tickle in my throat- like the beginning of a cold. (sore throat).  I'm going to pamper myself so that it won't become a full blown cold or flu.  There has been a lot of talk about this 'Swine Flu'.  So many people have had it and yes, there have been some deaths.  It's definitely the flu of the season.
   So I've got my Sunday School lesson ready and I'm finishing some other odds and ends.  I'm on the last chapter of the book 'The Undaunted'.  Good book.  It's about a group (a little known group) of early LDS pioneers that were called to go settle 'The San Juan Valley' in southern Utah - near the 4 corners area.  They were nicknamed ' The hole in the wall group'  - because they went through a nearly impassable area that looked like a hole in the wall.  They went through a lot of areas that looked 'impassable'.  People today are trying to figure out how they got through some of those stone areas with all their wagons and livestock.
It makes you think of how amazing this people were - they wouldn't let anything stop them - even Indians and even if they were half-starving to death.  And they did reach their goal in the end. (truly 'Undaunted' people)
Tomorrow is "Halloween".  I don't think Jay & I will do much for it, because we don't have our grandchildren around.  But I will post some pics from last years Halloween - just to relive those memories. It was fun... .....   The above pic is of Analee and Weston ( the princess & Optimus Prime)

This one is Heidi and Greg ( the basketball star and the Arabian Prince!)

I'm really not sure what Jay is in this one.  But he has a fake Mustache on!

And this is me with little Kallista. Our youngest grandchild.
Staci, I'm sorry, I couldn't find a pic of you then. I know that Chad wasn't there, but how could I forget you! so sorry...

No comments: