Sunday, October 25, 2009

This is just a random picture of  Jay & I, Greg & Heidi and the real live monkey at the circus -
in Moscow, Russia.  We went on a 17 day trip with Greg & Heidi this last June to Russia. It was actually a really good trip, but we learned that it is not easy to travel in Russia.  Greg went there for 2 years on a LDS Church mission (1999-2001). So he was our interpreter. There is no way we could have done that trip without him.  We were so reliant upon him for everything. Nobody around could speak a lick of English.  In all the other countries that we've traveled - we usually can find someone that speaks English to help us out.
Anyways,  we  learned a lot about Russia and I don't think we will be traveling back there anytime soon. (maybe never)  I was glad we had that experience, tho.  And Greg & Heidi are so fun and easy to travel with.  Next time we will go to a warm Beach!!
Well, I've had a really great weekend so far.  I just haven't done much walking or jogging. I'll have to get up early tomorrow and do something.  Yesterday I went to a funeral of a dear older  friend in Toppenish, WA.
Some of my favorite friends that I grew up with were there.  I hadn't seen some of them in years.  It was wonderful.  We had a great time visiting.  On the drive home, I realized what a wonderful group of friends I had growing up in Toppenish. I really didn't know how good I had it at the time.  But there are some deep bonds of friendship there.  And I have a superbly wonderful family, too. I'm so happy.
Today we had the Primary Children's program in church. I played the piano for it and for some reason I felt like crying the whole time. The kids all sang out so loud and beautifully. It really was heart-warming. And I wasn't the only one that felt that way.  Then I taught the Class for Relief Society (Us - older women).
I felt like it went well, it was one of those times where you really feel like you've connected with the other women there.  At least that was my feeling on it, so I'm basking in some really great feelings today!
  In an hour or so - I've gotta go back in to Church to play for the Choir Practice.  I hope I can keep those good feelings going!  Well, 'till  tomorrow........ta...ta...

No comments: