Thursday, January 14, 2010

10 miles.

Yes, I finally got to walk the 10 miles around the Columbia River in Wenatchee. (yesterday)
As I've said in this blog (quite often), that I love to walk around the River there. I've never actually gone and done it with someone else.  I always go by myself at my own speed.  Well, I still did my own speed, but this time Rocky Jay went with me.  He ran the whole 10 miles and then waited for me to get back to the car.  But he did say that he can see why I like to do that walk (around the river) and not walk around the farm here so much.
I've been so sick of the treadmill - that this was a great change - even though it was raining part of the way.  Today would have been a better day to do it, but Rocky had to leave to Philadelphia today for an interview.
Now I'm really ready for Spring to get here.
I still think I will try to walk the 10 miles once every 2 weeks now.

A lot has been happening with the aftermath of the big earthquake in Haiti.  It's so disturbing to see all the chaos and hear of all the deaths there. They are saying that over 100,000 are dead (at this point)  and that 3 million people are affected in that region.  I also heard on the news today- that people can hear the screams of all those that are still buried under all the ruble and can't get out.  Hopefully, they are doing all they can to get them out. 
All someone like me can do at this point - is to donate money.(and to pray for them)
  There are a lot of capable organizations going in there and helping out. (Mostly from the USA)
 I'm thankful to be a part of the LDS church that is supplying a lot of aid to this catastrophe.

No comments: