Thursday, January 7, 2010

True cop story

Yes, I've been fuming for a couple days, because I was stopped by a cop - going 65 in a 60.  Maybe I deserved the ticket, but I didn't deserve the comment,
"Mam, experienced drivers would never be going that fast."
He says this as people whiz by us going 70 miles an hour. (I'm sure)

Reasons why I'm fuming:
#1. This kid (cop) looks the age of my youngest child.
  I know I've been driving long before he was even in diapers!!
#2.  How dare he say that I'm an inexperienced driver!  If he knew how many miles I put on a car in one year,(my husband can witness to this)- he would probably give me a medal instead of a ticket.
#3.  The last time I got pulled over - the cop was wondering why I was going so slow.  He checked in the back of my car for beer bottles.  And it was just because I had a friend with me and was having a nice conversation  - so I was trying not to be a careless, fast driver.

Now aren't those good reasons to be fuming???

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Five miles over? Really? I'd be mad too.