Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More on Energy....

I found another quote on Energy that I like:

'Everything we do is infused with the energy with which we do it.  If we're frantic, life will be frantic.
If we're peaceful, life will be peaceful.  And so our goal in any situation becomes inner peace.  Our internal state determines our experience of our lives; our experiences do not determine our internal state."
-Marianne Williamson

I really like that.   Now if I can just keep telling myself this. 
To me - our attitude and how we perceive things - makes all the difference.

I'm sure we've all experienced or heard about situations - where you ask the people that were involved or were there what happened in this particular situation
-  and you get a totally different view or answer about  whatever it was that happened.   Now maybe this is hard to follow.  I have an example.:

A courtroom judge once told me (& the other jurors) about a murder.  The murderer walked into the bar with a gun and shot the victim dead - in front of a room full of people.  The case went to trial and each witness had a different story.  They all saw something different.  It was so confusing with all the different stories - that the jury didn't  feel good about convicting the guy that was on trial.  They were pretty sure he did it,  but every person's view was so different - they couldn't say beyond a shadow of a doubt.    
  It just brings to mind - how we all look at things so differently.

I do want to always be optimistic, but have some reality in there, too.
hmmmmmmmmmmm.......inner peace isn't as easy as it sounds...

No comments: