Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Ultimate Goal

Quote by Mike Robbins:
'The Ultimate goal of being ourselves in an authentic way is actually about loving ourselves in a generous way.  If we truly love ourselves, most of what we worry about and even much of what we strive for in life becomes meaningless.  We may still have some worries, and we'll definitely continue to have goals, dreams and desires.  However, from a place of true self-appreciation and self-love, the fear behind our worries and the motivation for our goals dramatically changes from something we have to avoid or produce in order to be accepted and valued, to something we we're genuinely concerned about or really want to accomplish."

This is definitely food for thought.  I'm glad I have some time to think about these things.

 I've spent most of today going through old pictures and cleaning out some of my files. I do tend to collect things.  I'm trying to clean out and I'm getting much better at that - especially with my clothes.  I've hung on to some things that I keep thinking I will wear if I lose that 10 extra pounds, (but I've hung on to these things for years.)  I'm starting to be a little bit better about getting rid of things.  I really don't like having too much stuff around me - it makes me feel like I'm a hoarder.  Like those that you see on TV.  So maybe that's why I'm an OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) person.

Well, now to talk about my walking/jogging goals.  As of lately, I haven't been doing any walking on the treadmill - because of some plantar fasciatis problems in my feet.  So I'm giving them a little rest, but I do intend to be right back at it very soon. 
Today the Sun was shining and I really wanted to go out for a walk, but then I opened the door!  Yes, it's 34 degrees and the wind is blowing.  A little too cold for me.  I'm waiting for that warmer day to get out there.
   But I will go back to the walking/jogging every other day at least 4 miles.  Then on the weekends or Fridays I hope to do the long 8-10 miles walks.  Janene Cobb (my friend) and I  are planning to do a 1/2 marathon in April. (The Wenatchee Mara, probably)
And I'm going to find one to do in February. (Maybe the Rochester, WA one)  Other than that - I will do the Canal Caper in March and the Seattle 1/2 marathon in June.
I still haven't decided on where to do the full Marathon this year, but I probably won't do it until this fall anyway.  
Well, that's the goals I have for walking this year.  Yes, just to do these races. I really don't care if I get better times  on these races - I just hope to get around the same time that I usually get.
My goal is just to keep doing what I did last year.
It would be nice to lose that extra 10 lbs., tho, too!!

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Hey Marie, Rachel just told me you had a blog. Your goals are great. I really admire your dedication to fitness. It must be what keeps you looking so much younger than some of us. (meaning me:)) I started a blog too. the link is on my FB if you are interested.
~Sylvia