Wednesday, January 27, 2010

An everyday quote....

'Don't put up your umbrella before it rains'

This is a quote that I heard a few times from a friend of mine. (Dorothy Bair).  She's known for her quotes.  She has put together 3 booklets filled with quotes that she has heard and found over the years.  Dorothy is in her 80's - so she has seen a good share of life. 
 I like to get out her little books every now and then  - and read those quotes.
The   'Don't put up your umbrella before it rains'   quote is a favorite of mine, because it always makes me think of Dorothy.  It's one that I use quite often (for some unknown reason).  I'm sure my kids will attest to that.
  Well, I still have the cold, but I decided to walk/jog the river today and that may not have been a good decision on my part.  It was freezing cold!!  I'm sure that's the coldest it has ever been for me - in all my walking days.   And Jay had told me that it was suppose to be in the 40's, but I kept looking at the temp on my Iphone and it was always 32 degrees with a wind chill factor!

Yep, I'm feeling not so good right now - but you never know how I'll feel tonight. :)  Our bodies are amazing works of art.  They really can bounce back from almost anything - if we are good to them.
So I'm going to take a loooooong hot tub and I'll let you know if I feel better later.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

I am again impressed with your determination. If there is ever a day when I have a break from school and you want to "walk the river" I will go with you and walk the first...oh let's say five steps, maybe a mile, and then I will just read or something until you come back around. BTW, what walking shoes do you wear? I need a decent pair.

Marie Winters Adams said...

Thanks Sylvia..
I'd love to walk with you when you can. I've done it with MaryAnne a few times. We spend more time talking than walking, tho!
I have to tell you that Heather(Hammond) is the one that told me - it's all about the shoes! And she's right...I had some old tennis shoes for years and when I got a good pair(Asics)- it made a big difference for me.
I like Asics the best, but many people wear Nikes, Brooks, and other kinds. If you go to Big 5 Sports or Footlocker - usually they will set you up with a good pair.