Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day

Well,  we didn't get to go to Rock & Jackie's last night.  The snow was coming down very thick and the roads were quite slick. So we stayed home and sat by the fire and watched TV.  We went to bed at 11:00 - I hope that's not an omen, because we are getting too tired to even bring in the New Year.  I hate to say I'm getting old, but I'm starting to wonder.
   I did get up early enough this morning, tho, to run 4 miles on the treadmill.  And I've decided that sometime this next week (even if there is snow on the ground) I'm going for a 8- 10 mile walk outside.  I think I may even try the walk by the Columbia River in the Tri-Cities.  It is usually always warmer down there then it is here.   I pray I can survive this cold month.  I'm really ready to get outside and walk a lot, but I know I can't.
I'm getting sick of the treadmill, already.  Oh, well............ life goes on.  :-)

No comments: