Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Energy

' The first thing to realize is that you are in control of your own energy.  I know it doesn't feel that way sometimes.  Depression can take hold like an invading germ; anxiety can cause fear to leap out of nowhere; anger can simmer like a pot on the stove.  Yet these conditions do not define you, and in fact you can begin to use basic energy -- the kind that comes from food, air, loving relationships, nature's beauty and the flow of creativity--for your own good. 
All these sources of energy are available to you all the time.  They are part of your birthright; they connect you to the flow of life, which is constantly renewing itself."
-Deepak Chopra

Yes, I believe this to be true.
But I have trouble controlling my energy. Take last night for example:
we ate a delicious dinner at a friend's house. Oh, man, I can't remember overeating this bad (since maybe the holidays :)   I guess that's not a very long time is it?  Anyways, my energy had stopped - I felt drugged, because I was so full.  Now why can't we feel some good energy when we overeat?!  That's just not fair. 
Well, I know that's not what you are thinking when you read the above quote.
But I thought of it and I'm always having to remind myself that I am the one controlling my thoughts and actions.  It's a constant struggle - to try to keep the energy that I'm in control of on the up and up. :)  I hope that makes some sense.
So now I'm going to go take a shower and try to start the day with a wonderful, loving flow of energy.  They say that our energy is infinite. Sometimes that is very hard to believe.
Well, I did do 4 miles on the treadmill last night. It's the first time I've done that so late.  Usually I walk in the mornings.  But of course, I was trying to control my energy after feeling so bloated for hours.  (smiling)

No comments: