Monday, January 4, 2010

Re-cap of 2009

I thought I'd do a quick re-cap of the main events for me in 2009.

But before I do, I will quickly say that- although it was very eventful,
2008 had more major events for our family.  Rocky had graduated from Medical School, Greg & Heidi got married, and Staci had little Kallista Marie in March of that year.

Still this year was amazing to me - as I look back.
1. As a start to the New Year  -we had just got back from a vacation in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.  Greg & Heidi and Rocky Jay came with us (Jay & I).  It was wonderful !!(even tho, Jay & I had a few transportation (airplane) problems getting down there.  Our lucky kids were there for a few days before us - living it up on our dime!
(And thus,it made us decide that we shouldn't count on the airlines to get us anywhere during the holidays in the years to come.)

2. In January - Jay & I flew down to Carlsbad, CA to meet Rocky Jay - so that Rocky and I could do the Carlsbad Marathon. (of course, I did the 1/2)  But it was a fun trip for us before the marathon - because Jay & I spent a couple days in San Deigo having fun.  We went to the big Zoo there and took a tour of the whole city.  What a beautiful city - I wouldn't mind living there!

3.  Jay & I took a few nice trips to Montana during February and March  - we saw a lot of country and had a good time - but I'd rather go when it's much warmer - say summertime!

4.  I went down to see the boys at the end of February - I love going on those long trips in the car alone to think (soul search) and listen to my CD's and my XM radio.  I'm a traveler at heart and will always be.....

5.  Jay ran the Canal Caper with me in March. (10 K)  He did a great job, but at the end was complaining - so I left him in the dust.      : -)    We laugh about it now.

6. I went to Idaho Falls during the year (by myself) - at least 3 times.  I love to babysit - while Staci & Chad go to the movies or whatever else they want to do.  We always have a good time.  I love being with those kids.  (and their parents)  :)
Jay doesn't usually get to go - because he is staying home making the mula so I can go to all these places!  :-)

7.    WALKS around the Columbia River in WENATCHEE.  Yes, that's a very big thing for me this year.  I was able to do many, many walks/jogs around the river.  More than any year prior.  I loved it - I can only hope and pray that I will be able to do as many this year.  I'm sure going to try.

8. Can't believe it,
but we accomplished a 16 day trip to Russia this year and we survived to tell about it. 
 Plus we did it with our son(Greg) and daughter-in-law (Heidi).  Of course, we wouldn't have been able to do it without Greg - he was our interpreter.  He had served a 2 year mission there 7 years earlier - so we went to almost all the places that he had been.  I think we enjoyed Moscow the most, tho.  I feel that I'm forever changed - because of  that trip.

(Boy, I could say so much more, but I'm trying to keep this short) :)

9. When we got home from Russia, Jay's mom (Vera) was ready to stay with us.
She stayed for a month, but towards the end - she had some health problems.
WE had to take her to the hospital , because she was dizzy and passed out.
Luckily, she's been much better since.

10. After Vera, we went to Newport, Oregon for a few days to stay at the Shilo Inn
with my side of the family (The Winters')  It was great for us, because it was the only time
this year that we had all three of our kids and our grandkids together.  So that's the only pic we have of our family this year.

11. In  August, Staci and I  were able to do a  10K  in Snoqualmie, WA. 
WE had a great time together.  Staci was able to fly up for a few days while Chad babysat the kids.   While we were doing that, Jay flew down to SO. CAL. to play golf  w/his boys.
Life is good.

12.     This was the big thing of the year for me !!
THE MARATHON in Salmon, Idaho.   Staci and I met there to do it.
I know I've written about it in this blog, but I'm sure I'll keep saying more about it - because it was a very big thing to me to be able to do this.  I still can't believe my body actually did it. :)

13.  Jay and I went to Colorado at the end of September for a week.  It was absolutely wonderful for us.  Since we both love to drive places and explore.  That's what we did all week.  We flew to Denver, rented a car, and then drove it over 1,000 miles. 
YA-HOO. Loved it.   It was a beautiful time of the year to go.  We've both never been to Colorado. So we saw a lot of things that we've never seen.  (wonderful ! is all I can say!)

14. I went to Utah to be at General Conference in Salt Lake City  w/ my parents . Then we went up the road  to Park City and stayed in our(Jay & I's) timeshare for a few days. 
 That was great, but I left early to go to Idaho Falls to spend sometime w/Chad & Staci and the grandkids.  So mom and Dad stayed and had some of my Aunts and cousins over to visit. 

15.   In November,
Jay went down to LA to help pack up Rocky's stuff and he brought it all back in a U-haul.
(Roger his brother also, went down with him)
Rocky then went to Sacramento to interview and then he drove up to Salt Lake City to meet the rest of us.  Greg & Heidi were suppose to be there, but couldn't at the last minute.(They were closing on their condo).  But we still had a great time staying at the Residence Inn in Salt Lake and spending Thanksgiving Time there.  The kids(Staci & Chad's) loved to play in the pool - we really enjoyed our time together there, because we knew we weren't going to have them for Christmas.

16.  That brings us to the end of the year, where Rocky and I went on the trip back east -that I wrote about a few blogs ago!  So I won't bore u with anymore details.

17.  I know I've forgotten things.  In fact, I just remembered the Seattle  Rock-n-Roll 1/2 mara that I forgot to mention.  Yes, that was at the end of June - while we had Vera staying with us.  Jay and I went over night to Seattle  and then came back home after the mara.
I really enjoyed that one.  I'm planning to be apart of it this year, too.

( I know I've written about all these things in my past blogs, so please forgive if you have to read the same thing over again.)

Okay, I think I'll stop for now!!

But this does make me realize how much you can do in one year.  I've forgotten all the wonderful things we've been able to do this year.  Wow. 
I hope this next year is as great or greater!!    One thing that I haven't mentioned is that our daughter is expecting our 4th grandchild in May!!  That will be something to look forward to!  We are so blessed.

No comments: