Sunday, January 10, 2010

Good Weekend

I've really had a good weekend so far.  We'll have to see if it keeps up.
We've got church meetings starting at 1:00 pm this year. ( It takes some getting use to. )
After the 3 hours worth of meetings, we have Choir practice.  And my stomach is really growling by then.
I like the 9:00 AM or 11:00 AM starts better.  Oh, well.................

   On Friday I was able to walk on the treadmill for 3.5 miles and I haven't had the pain in my feet - like before.  So that's good, maybe I can start doing it every other day now again. :)
Friday afternoon I drove over to the lower Yakima Valley - where I was raised. (Toppenish).  I met with a good friend (Peggy Shaul) at El Porton's and we had a wonderful visit.  Then I went over to Mom & Dad's and visited for awhile.
Then we went to my Sister Mindi's Girls Basketball game.  Mindi coaches for Zillah High School. It was an exciting game, but they lost by one point. (darn)
I stayed overnight at Mom & Dad's and had a great visit with them the next morning (yesterday) and then went over to my brother's house (Rock).  I had a great visit with him & Jackie (my sis-in-law)  and then Jackie and I went shopping in Yakima.  We really didn't do much shopping - we ended up talking & talking some more- but we did go to Applebee's for lunch.
Then I drove home (2 hour drive) to a waiting Jay and Rocky Jay. 
Jay and I had tickets to see 'Jon Schmidt'  (a fabulous piano player).  So we went to Yum Yum's in Ephrata for dinner and then went over to the show.  Man, that was such a fun show.  I was quite impressed. I really didn't think it would be that entertaining - with just a piano player - but this guy delivers.
I've gotta get some of his CD's - he's the one that put 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift  and Viva La Vida' by Cold Play together with his Celloist (sp?).  It was quite a hit on UTube a few months back.
Anyways,  that was my perfect day.

Here's the link to Jon Schmidt's website. You won't be disappointed in his music. (Fabulous)
http://www.jonschmidt.com/catalog/product_imeem.php?plname=Songs%20Most%20Often%20Performed&osCsid=bb44ddf59a502af9abd8ccda61e2f17b

No comments: