Saturday, January 23, 2010

Gratitude

Quote from the book, 'The Happiness Project' :

One of the best ways to make myself  happy is to make other people happy.
One of the best ways to make other people happy is to be happy myself.

Yes, I've been reading this book, (The Happiness Project).  Pretty good book. No earth shaking advice in it. But it's good to be reminded of things that I pretty much already know. 
I want to be a Happy Person and I want to be able to control myself when I'm unhappy.  I don't like myself when I'm honery and moody around my family and friends. (who does?)

One thing that has helped me in the past - was to keep a gratitude journal. I always stop and start this again and again.  But when I sit down and read it - it gives me such a boost that I'm ready to start it up again. So I guess that's just how it is with me.  :)
 It always reminds me of how much I take for granted.  It makes me push myself to appreciate better the fundamental elements of my life, as well as the problems that I don't have.

Well, I did 40 minutes on the Eliptical yesterday, but that's about it for excercise, lately.  I've been enjoying the grandkids too much.  Little Kallista has been sick and I'm afraid that I may have a touch of her cold(flu) coming on.  I didn't make it home today from Idaho Falls.  I was feeling sick around Mountain Home, Idaho.  So I'm in Boise right now in a hotel room - trying to feel better.  Life is good........yeah, keep telling myself that.

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

I'm glad you had the good sense to stop and not push it to get home. Hope you feel better quickly.