Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 18th..


Yes, I got up early and drove over to Wenatchee to walk 'The Loop'. And I had a pretty good walk/jog - except that my Ipod didn't work. Some how I erased all my songs the last time I hooked it up to the Internet. (yesterday) Well, I came home and fixed that!! Anyhoo.... I found out today that 'The Loop' is really 10 miles around - not 11. There was a reader board that I looked at today that had a new map of the walk around the Columbia River and it said it was 10 miles. Okay...Okay... I guess I can handle that. So the other day I walked 20 miles - not 22. Oh, well.........

I've decided to tell you a little story about my younger years. This is a story that my Dad has told everyone (for years) much to my chagrin. It explains a little bit about my athletic ability. :-( I was in track my High School years and my parents (and probably others) wondered why. I wasn't that good at it and for some reason I chose the long distance running. Many times I was one of the last ones to make it to the finish line. At this particular race that my Dad talks about - I was definitely the last person to come in. Infact, the race was pretty much over and everyone was waiting for me. My Dad said that I could have just quit, but I didn't (and I guess everyone thought I should have). I was that far behind!! Anyways, I made it in and I got a standing ovation from the crowd for finishing. (Pretty sad, huh) My Dad loves to tell that story, because it says that I'm not a quitter, but in reality - it also says that I wasn't a very good runner. Oh, well..........that's okay. I still like to walk/run and I'm glad I can do it. I'll just keep plugging along.

Oh, I forgot to say that I'm from a family of athletes. My siblings are all very good at sports and they are (or have been) teachers and coaches - like my Dad.

So yes, I'm kind of the black sheep in that way. But I actually don't mind. I can live with that. (now) :-) I'll post a pic of my Dad....

No comments: