Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday, Aug. 30th


Today was a very nice day. We had church in the morning and then Jay and I went on a Sunday drive in his car. (after eating lunch of course).
He had the top down.
Jay has a Mazda convertable. It's really a cute car. He drives it a lot in the summer. It's only a a couple years old. Around this time a couple years ago - he got it for my Birthday.(he said) But it really was for him! His Birthday is only a few days later - September 1st. It's a stick shift - so I'd really rather not drive it anyway.
I'm glad he likes it so much.
Anyway, we had a nice drive down to the Columbia Gorge - then over the Vantage Bridge and then we took the back way to Ellensburg.
When we got home I went for a walk. It was still quite hot at 6:00. But I only went about 3 miles. Boy, I need to step it up if I'm going to do a marathon. Tomorrow I'll do at least 4 miles! I think I need to do 20 on Wednesday or Thursday. That's the plan.
The song for today is: 'Better in Time' by Leona Lewis. It's a hot song right now. Everyone is playing it. Yes, I like it. I've been playing it a lot lately, too.
Oh, the picture is one from the Carlsbad 1/2 mara. in January. Just a random picture........ I can't find the one I have of Jay's mazda. I'll have to post it another time.....I'm tired.
P.S.  I finally found it - scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see it.

No comments: