Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Having a great 50th Birthday.

Wow. I'm having a great Birthday today. It's so nice when people remember. I guess being on Facebook helps. :-)... But my parents did come yesterday - bearing gifts and food! and then they took me out to Lunch at Mamma Yum Yums in Ephrata. Then I have some friends taking me out to lunch in Moses Lake today! I feel so blessed. And I'm sure my husband and kids will remember. :-)
Anyways, I had a great 4 mile walk/jog this morning. I was contemplating being 50 years old (1/2 a century) on this planet. It was a little depressing, but then 3 songs came on my I PHONE as I was walking. I'd like to mention these 3 songs. They each hit home with me today. Two of them are by the group -5 for Fighting . They are: --"The Riddle and 100 years.
Then the 3rd one is by Nickelback - 'If Everyone Cared'.
The words
"I'm Alive" are sung quite a few times in that one. Just listen to the song if you get a chance. It carries a powerful message to me. So do the other 2 songs. That's how I feel. I feel so blessed to be alive right now and I know I have a relatively short time on this planet (less than 100 years) AND.... I know that there's a reason for the world........you and me....you and me.....(The Riddle)
Well, that's my preaching for today. Now I think I might even start adding a song for the day - and not just report on my walk/jogging adventures. I love music - all kinds of music. I've played the organ and piano for Church functions for years. And I do love that I can do that. I think over the years I've heard and played a lot of different tunes - so I might get off on thinking of a certain 'Song for the Day'. I have a friend that posts 'Quotes of the Day' - so maybe the song idea isn't too bad.
Anyways, 'til later......Chow......

No comments: