Sunday, August 9, 2009

I love to Walk......


I'm starting this blog - mostly for myself - as I don't expect anyone to read it. But I do want to make a journal or document my walking experiences. This is a hobby that I love and in the last few years - I've been able to give it more attention.


I'm turning 50 in a couple weeks and I want to keep myself going with this hobby. My ultimate goal is to do a marathon, but I'm quite afraid of that . And the reason is: I've done 7 - 1/2 marathons and after each one I'm totally, physically drained and exhausted! I don't think I can go another step!! So why would I do a Marathon??? Still, I know that is something I want to conquer eventually.


So I'm trying to hold myself accountable - by doing this blog and reporting all the walking/jogging that I'm doing and plan to do.


8/12/09

I think it just might work. Since I posted the above comments- I have walked at least 4 miles everyday around our farm here in Ephrata. And tomorrow I plan to do 'The Loop' in Wenatchee.

So far so good. This may be the way to keep me motivated!!! (knock on wood) :-)

No comments: