Saturday, August 29, 2009

Love, love, love it

I posted yesterday's pictures(below) of my walk/jog around the Columbia River in Wenatchee. It was great....as usual.. I felt like I was much faster. Well, I was... I did it all in less than 2 hours. That is good for me! I felt better and was able to run/jog more. So that makes me think that I may be ready to do a Marathon in 2 weeks. Yep, that's right. :-) My daughter and I are going to do the Salmon, Idaho Marathon. Staci has been after me about this - so we finally decided and paid the registration fee. Now I'm commited - there's no backing out. Well, actually I could, but I'll try not to back out!
Salmon, Idaho is a relatively small town - so this marathon will only be about 250 people or so, but that's fine by me!
My family might be a little embarrassed when I come in towards the end. But what can I say! I'm trying and I will do the best I can( at least).
Our son, Rocky says that he is tired of me talking about it and I should just do it and get it over with! So I guess I will. :)
Okay now, for the song of the day. I had so many that I listened to on my way to and from Wenatchee and during the walk - that I had a hard time choosing.
I have a lot of favorites and most of them are on my Iphone.
Anyways, I've decided to choose 2 Chris Daughtry songs: 'Home' and 'What about Now'. He's a relatively new artist for me and I like his style. Yes, he's one of those American Idol Stars from the past, but he's great. I also listened to an interview on the way home - with him and Gayle King.(Oprah's friend). It made me like him even more! That's why I chose his songs today. He's also got a new album and there's a few great songs on that, but I'll have to listen and tell you my favorites on that later. I need to download a few to my Iphone. Yes, life is good ....when you have good music to listen to on your walk!

No comments: