Sunday, August 9, 2009

My past 1/2 marathons


Well, I'll do a quick run down of my past 7 - 1/2 marathons. I'm very glad I did everyone of them, but some were better than others, of course.
The 1st one was in Vernona,Oregon.
I just picked it out of a hat, because the timing was great(I was ready to do a 1/2 mara) and it wasn't too terribly far from us. It was a small town going West out of Portland . It was a very rainy day and on muddy trail the whole way. I had to grab a big yellow slicker out of the back of our car and Boy! did I stick out - I didn't have the proper attire either! I had very thick cotton sweatshirt pants and top on and they both got very heavy and weighed me down.(because of all the rain). You can tell - I had a lot to learn about being in races at that point. Anyways, I did finish and for the next two days or so - I felt better than ever! I could do it! I could go longer than a 10K! I had never done anything this long before - WOW....
The 2nd one was in Hartford, Conneticut
Yes, that's a long ways away from home. But our son happened to be living in Springfield at the time. He was doing his 3rd year of Medical School there at the Bay State Hospital. So he wanted to try doing a 1/2 mara with me. Well, he left me in the dust in the first 5 minutes!
Still I think my time was much better at this race, because the conditions were better. It was an ING marathon and was run very well. And it happened to be a really great day. I'm pretty sure it was in October 2006.
I guess I will have to finish the other 5 - 1/2 marathons on another post! I'm getting lengthy:-)

No comments: