Sunday, August 9, 2009

Next 1/2 Mara's!

The 3rd one was at Sunriver, Oregon
Yep, that's right. It was beautiful! We did the 1/2 Mara around the Golf Course there and some of the housing. It was in the lovely, tall, Pine Trees. A gorgeous day at the end of June 2007. I did it in about 2 hours and 36 minutes. That's about normal for me. No I'm no wonderful athelete, but I'm okay for a Mom and a grandma that just started this a year or so ago. Yes, I felt wonderful after this one, too. I know it is good for me.
The 4th one was in Pocatello, Idaho
I did this one with my daughter who lives in nearby Idaho Falls. Yes, she left me in the dust, too. And she even was a few months P.G.! It was a very Hot day, as it was at the end of August 2007. She had more reason to be sick afterwards than I, but we were both sick and tossed our cookies at the end of the race. (I really think it was the heat). Still it was an experience. :-)
The 5th one was in Chelan, WA
Now this one was much closer to home. It's only a one and a half hour drive away. My parents went with me to show support - as my husband was busy and couldn't make it. It really was a pretty setting for walking/running, also. We went around the Lake on the highway. I did it in about the usual time, but thoroughly enjoyed the day with my folks.

No comments: