Monday, August 10, 2009

Wenatchee Apple Capital Trail Loop

I must tell you about my most favorite place to walk/jog.
Yes, There is a beautiful paved trail around the river in Wenatchee. You can start at any of the parks along the trail and it passes through both Wenatchee and East Wenatchee. It is a loop of 11 miles (so I'm told). I've walked it many, many times in the last few years and I never get sick of it. In the Spring, Summer and Fall, - I try to go at least once every 2 weeks.
These last couple months, I have gone once a week.
There are two bridges that you use to cross over. One is a foot bridge (close to downtown) and the other is a highway bridge (but it has a walk path on it) North of town.
I can't tell you how much I love this walk. I have encountered many creatures and people on this walk. I guess I could tell those stories later. But I would love to walk this path everyday. Only problem is: I live an hour's drive away. So this is not possible.
I try to walk at least 4 miles every other day, either on the treadmill or around our farm out here in Ephrata, WA. We live out here in the Columbia Basin and it is like a Desert - especially right now in the summertime. Something about walking around the water and seeing mountains nearby - really make it better for me!
The last time I walked the loop was last Saturday - Just 3 days ago. I'm already counting the days 'til I can do it again. Today I walked about 4 miles around the farm - it was okay. Just not the same. I'll live.......:-)
P.S. There is one more foot bridge (smaller) that is by Confluence Park.

No comments: