Sunday, August 9, 2009

Okay - 2 more 1/2 marathons to tell you about.

The 6th one was in Carlsbad, CA
This one was done in January of this year. My son (Rocky) did the full Marathon and I did the 1/2. My time wasn't any better, but I still felt good about it. I jogged most of it. It was so beautiful along the ocean there in Carlsbad. Rocky now lives down there in LA - so it wasn't too far for him to go. Jay and I spent the day(two days) before touring San Diego. What a beautiful city, I liked it a lot. It's kind of fun to make a vacation out of the races we go to.
The 7th one was the Rock & Roll Marathon in Seattle
This was the inaugural Rock and Roll Marathon and 1/2 for Seattle. It was in the latter part of June 2009. There were 25,000 people! That was a little much for me. But it still was a great race. We ran along the West side of Lake Washington and ran right into town on the freeway - then looped around to run into the SeaHawks Stadium. There were bands all along the way, but one band was in the tunnel that we ran through and that was sooooooooo loud and crazy. The sound was reverberating (sp?) off the walls. I felt like I did okay. 2 hours 40 min. Oh, well............
One thing I have to say here, tho, is that I have been to the New York City (ING) Marathon to cheer on my son - as he ran the Marathon. And that was a much crazier race than the Seattle one. Because there were 39,000 people in that one. Oh, the logistics of it all! Unbelievable.
It still was great to be a part of it, but I'd much rather be in these smaller mara's like Sunriver or Chelan..

No comments: